29 December 2011

2011 Recap

Just like for some, 2011 had it's ups and downs.  We lost a family friend to cancer, while another family member fought and beat cancer.  The boy started flag football (Joseph the Machine) and hopped on his first motorcycle ride by himself (Honda 50).  Our youngest daughter started pre-school, and our oldest daughter competed all the way to the New England Regionals for cheerleading.  A good friend suffered a stroke and overcame it with surgery.  The wife and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary.  I hesitantly sold one of my bikes, the 75 xlch (and still looking for another bike to replace it).  We bought a vacation place, and look forward to hanging with friends.
Life is about ups and downs.  I'm thankful for everything I have (health, family, friends).  I don't have any New Year resolutions.  I'll just say that I'm looking forward to riding more, learning to wrench more, spending more time with loved ones, sipping icy cold PBRs, and enjoying it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment